Hello to you all and happy Monday or whatever day this note finds you on. Hopefully you had a great weekend. Mine was filled with soccer, naps, coffee and more coffee, so yea it was a good weekend.
If you’re wondering what to make for dinner tonight, I’ve got just the ticket, totally EJliciious healthy, quick, easy to make and you’re done in about 50 minutes baking and all, BAM!
I’m not usually a fan of one cooking pan meals in the oven, yes they’re convenient, but can you get a nice browning on your meats, won’t your veggies get overcooked and become soggy. I have been happily proven wrong! I love this meal, it’s so easy and everything turned out perfect, nice browned chicken, perfect veggies, full of flavor after cooking in a marinade of olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
I hope you give it a try, I know this will be added to my binder of Go-To meals. If you make it, let me know how it turned out. Thanks for reading and have a great new tomorrow!
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups multi-color cherry or grape tomatoes
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic salt, divided
- 4 small chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 1 teaspoon Italian herb seasoning blend, divided
- 1 cup shredded smoked mozzarella cheese
- Cooked polenta slices (optional)
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped and toasted California walnuts
- Fresh basil, snipped
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with foil. Place balsamic vinegar and oil on baking sheet, add tomatoes and toss to coat. Place to one side of the baking sheet and sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt.
- Season chicken with remaining garlic salt and Italian seasoning. Place on baking sheet next to tomatoes. Roast 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Top chicken with mozzarella and cook 5 minutes more to melt cheese. Serve chicken, tomatoes and cooking juices over cooked polenta slices, if desired. Top with walnuts and basil.