Brown Butter Bucatini With Walnuts
Hello, how are you all doing on this Monday? Hopefully you have survived your back to work day with little scratches from the day. I feel some wisdom about to ooze out of my noodle, maybe because I ate noodles, you are what you eat? Anyway, see if this meets you where you are at…
“Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, and today is a gift…that’s why they call it the present.” – Master Oogway from Kung Fu Panda.
Alright, so maybe that wasn’t my original saying, but isn’t it great. Today is a gift so unwrap the heck out of it, or as the kids say, “Slay it!” Don’t wait to open the gift, to keep on pushing it off, it’s a present for you to enjoy! I love Kung Fu Panda movies, great comedy, great animations and a lot of great wisdom.
Anyway, tonight’s recipe is another bucatini recipe, that lovely holey noodle but with again very simple very delicious ingredients. Brown butter, o.k. stop, I’m sold, it could be brown butter and anything and I want it. So it’s brown butter, walnuts, lemon juice, parsley and a bit of Parmesan cheese. Isn’t that such a lovely combination. Nutty, cheesey, rich buttery, earthy, yummy. And it’s lighting fast about 25 minutes and you’re back to that hot date, or dinner with a friend, or watching TV or maybe just doing your laundry. You’ll really like it. If you do make it would you let me know and how it turned out for you, I’d love to hear about it. Thank you so much for reading and have a great new day tomorrow.
I’ll leave you with one more great bit of wisdom from the Panda.
“Your story may not have such a happy beginning but that does not make you who you are, it is the rest of it – who you choose to be”
― Soothsayer from Kung Fu Panda 2
- 1 cup California walnuts
- 1/4 cup parsley, loosely packed
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon zest
- 1 pound (16 ounces) bucatini pasta
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- In a food processor (or chop by hand) add the walnuts, parsley, and lemon juice and lemon zest. Process until crumb form. Set aside.
- Cook bucatini per package instructions.
- In a cast iron skillet or saute pan over low heat, melt butter. Stir often for 10 minutes until browned and the butter gives off a nutty aroma.
- Toss cooked and drained pasta with browned butter and plate. Season with salt and black pepper, then top each plate of bucatini with the walnut parsley mixture.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan.