Hello and happy weekend to you or happy whatever day it is when you read this from me. I do hope you are hanging in there and simply doing your best in whatever circumstance you’re in, at least if you give it your all you can bank on that!
Tonights recipe is a favorite of mine, I love raviolis with any type of sauce whether it be a marinara, pesto, white sauce, but fried, you just started talking dirty to me and I’m smiling. I think it’s the marriage of textures that the frying produces, you get these crispy edges of parmesan cheese and Italian bread crumb then you sink your teeth into this soft pillow of chicken and mozzarella. And then if you haven’t faded into nirvana you dip your crispy edge of parmesan cheese and Italian bread crumb into a heated pool of tomatoey goodness….Mama Mia!
Besides being incredibly tasty, this dish is also incredibly easy and incredibly fast to prepare, give it about 30 minutes and your in nirvana. So whether you serve it as an appetizer at your Game Of Thrones viewing party or serve it as a main course with a side salad like I did tonight, you and your guests will be glad you did. Have a great rest of your weekend and thank you for reading!
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup Italian-style bread crumbs
- 1 pkg store-bought cheese and chicken ravioli or whatever ravioli you like
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 1 1/2 cup marinara (or leftover meat sauce), heated, for dipping
- Pour enough oil into a large frying pan to reach a depth of 1 inch. Heat the oil over medium heat until a deep-fry thermometer registers 325 degrees F.
- While the oil is heating, put the buttermilk and the bread crumbs in separate shallow bowls.
- Working in three batches, dip ravioli in buttermilk to coat completely. Allow the excess buttermilk to drip back into the bowl.
- Dredge ravioli in the bread crumbs. Place the ravioli on a baking sheet, and continue with the remaining ravioli.
- When the oil is hot, fry the ravioli in batches, turning once, until golden brown, about 3 minutes on each side.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer the fried ravioli to paper towels to drain.
- Sprinkle the fried ravioli with Parmesan and serve with warmed sauce for dipping.