Spicy Grilled Rockfish with Garlic and Basil Butter
Happy Monday to you and I hope you had a lovely weekend. Tonight’s meal is awesome! Keeping with the lite and healthy side at least starting the week in the right direction, we’ll see how long it lasts. But I am using my recent favorite rockfish which is a non-fishy tasting fleshy fish which pairs well with so many flavors.
Besides the flavors of the meal I especially love how fast and easy this dish is to prepare. The longest aspect is simply marinating the fish with olive oil and lemon juice for about 30 minutes prior to grilling. But while the fish is taking it’s bath, you can prepare some sides, I made corn bread and sautéed green beans. After you grill your fish, you drizzle this lovely butter, garlic, cayenne pepper, basil, sauce over your fish and your done!
Simple ingredients done simply, simply wonderful! Thats it and you’re back to whatever you would like to do on your time. Enjoy your evening and new day ahead and thank you so much for reading.
- 2 pounds rockfish fillets
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil (finely chopped)
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Marinate the fish in the oil and lemon juice for 30 minutes.
- In the meantime, heat the butter in a small saucepan over low heat with the garlic, basil, and cayenne pepper.
- Grill the fish over direct heat for about 5 minutes per side, depending on the thickness of the fish. Serve with the butter, garlic, basil, and cayenne sauce.