Gnocchi in Sun Dried Tomato Sauce
TGIF! How the heck are you in crossing the finish line of the week? Are you running across, walking across, diving across, falling across, falling short or being driven home by a designated driver? Myself, I’m somewhere in the middle, physically tired but mentally strong, thanks coffee!
Well, if you’re feeling any of the above tonights meal will hit on all cylinders, it’s pretty healthy (well, there is half and half and parmesan cheese, but it’s Friday), quick to prepare, easy, and super delicioso, hey it’s EJlicious! It’s a lovely gnocchi browned and then submerged into a sun dried tomato sauce that is tangy, cheesey, creamy and oh so yummy! I usually like some type of meat in a pasta dish, whether it be prosciutto, chicken or beef, but this combo of sun dried tomato and cheese, oh my goodness, you won’t miss meat in any way. Have an enjoyable weekend, thanks again for reading and we shall talk soon!
- 18 ounces potato gnocchi (store-bought)
- 4 ounces sun dried tomatoes (in olive oil)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil (from the jar)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup half & half
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (or to taste)
- chopped parsley (Freshly, to garnish)
- 1 pinch salt
1. Start by boiling the gnocchi according to the package instructions. Rinse well, and place on a large baking tray, just so they don’t stick together.
2. In the meantime, drain the oil from the sun-dried tomatoes into a small dish. Place the tomatoes into a food processor (a smoothie cup works great, too), add water, and blend until smooth. You’ll end up having a paste with a sour cream consistency.
3. Heat a large, non-stick pan and add 1 1/2 tbsp. of the reserved olive oil. Add the gnocchi and fry them for about 5-7 minutes, until they turn golden and a crust forms. After that, remove the gnocchi from the pan.
4. To the same pan, add the pureed tomatoes, red pepper flakes, Half & Half, Parmesan cheese, and a pinch of salt. Cook for about 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally. You can adjust the consistency of the sauce by adding a little water, if needed.
5. Add the gnocchi to the sauce, stir, and garnish with chopped parsley and Parmesan. Serve.