She’s back again our favorite Italian Emmy Award-winning, celebrity chef and New York Times best-selling author, Giada De Laurentiis, cooking up a storm. She was so sweet to stop over and cook me some rich delectable Chicken Carbonara. But I finally said, “listen Lil G”, that’s what I call her, “You’ve got to get back to Vegas baby, your new restaurant at Caesars Palace needs you more than I do.” And then I woke up…No Giada cooking with me in the kitchen, but someday it will happen!
Anyway, at least we can all get a bit of Giada through her TV programs, books, restaurants, and wonderful recipes. And this is yet another stellar hit, albeit rich, so those who are lactose intolerant be warned as there are 2 1/2 cups of heavy cream in this lovely pasta! This is like the equivalent of an ice cream sundae with hot fudge sauce, nuts and whip cream. This pasta has pancetta, grated parmesan, heavy cream, egg yolks, shredded chicken and toasted walnuts, not for the faint at heart. Rich but again delicious! EJlicious in fact because it was quick, easy and very tasty! You should give it a try and if Giada stops by, tell her I’m still waiting.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 ounces thinly sliced pancetta, chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 1/2 cups whipping cream
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 8 large egg yolks
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley leaves
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 4 cups coarsely shredded chicken (from 1 roasted chicken)
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon peel