Tex-Mex Chicken Parmesan
That’s quite a mouthful, but the mouthful is quite tasty! If you love Chicken Parmesan, and who doesn’t, and you like Mexican spices, you will dig this! Instead of the chicken breaded in bread crumbs you bread the breast in tortilla chips and Chile pepper. Instead of topping with marinara and Parmesan cheese, you top it off with salsa and Mexican cheeses. I served it with a side salad topped with a cilantro lemon dressing.
This is a very tasty, quite easy, and definitely a family pleaser dish that you will enjoy. It is definitely EJlicious! Thank you for reading and I hope you enjoy it.
- 4 cups tortilla chips
- Two 8-ounce boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- Kosher salt
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- One 15-ounce jar chunky salsa
- One 8-ounce package pepper jack cheese, cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices or any Mexican cheese you prefer.
- 1 jalapeno, thinly sliced (seeds removed for less heat)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves