Stir-Fried Udon with Chicken and Veggies
I have been a bit absent from the kitchen and blog as I had injured my back, so I am glad to be cooking again and writing. Given my still present back aches, I needed a quick, easy and of course tasty meal and this was it!
- 2 boneless chicken breasts (cut up into 1/4″ pieces)
- 20 ounces Udon noodles (I like the refrigerated variety)
- 2 carrots sliced on an angle
- 3 scallions thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves
- Broccolini (about 7 stems)
- Sweet Chili Sauce (or whatever your favorite asian sauce)
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
- 2 Tbsp to vegetable oil
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add your udon noodles and cook as label directs. Once done place under cold water to cool down and set aside.
- Cut up veggies. Separate the scallions from white and green parts.
- Cut up chicken into 1/4″ pieces and then season with black pepper and salt.
- Saute batches of veggies (including white scallion tops) in the wok or skillet with a swirl of vegetable oil, set aside after cooking.
- Saute Chicken in batches in the wok or skillet with a swirl of vegetable oil, set aside after cooking.
- Add Udon noodles back into wok or skillet, then add the veggies and chicken and pour on your sauce and mix. Top with green scallions.
I hope you give it a try, I love this type of cooking because you could substitute any combination of protein or vegetable your heart desires and it would be Ejlicious! A great healthy and tasty quick meal even if you don’t have a back ache, hopefully you don’t. Enjoy!