Loaded Potato and Buffalo Chicken Casserole
So I wasn’t loaded from alcohol when I cooked this tasty fare, loaded from flavor, yes, but I’m thinking if you were, this might be the dish you would crave. However, you don’t need to be loaded to enjoy the flavors of bacon, chives, crispy potatoes, melty cheeses, seasoned chicken all wrapped up in a coat of Frank’s Hot Sauce. OMG! I usually don’t like any dish that has the word casserole at the end of it’s title, but this was the exception. It was the main entree, but it seems it would make for a great appetizer also. Actually the next day it made for a great breakfast as I mixed it with scrambled eggs, so good! You should give it a try, it’s quick, great for a weeknight dinner, loaded with flavor and definitely EJlicious! Enjoy!
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 8 -10 medium potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch cubes (I leave the skin on)
- 1⁄3cup olive oil
- 1 1⁄2teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 6 tablespoons hot sauce
- 2 cups fiesta Mexican blend cheese or 2 cups monterey jack and cheddar cheese blend
- 1 cup crumbled cooked bacon
- 1 cup diced green onion
- Preheat oven to 500F (This is NOT a typo, 500F is correct!) .
- In a large bowl mix together the olive oil, hot sauce, salt, pepper, garlic powder & paprika.
- Add the potatoes and stir to coat.
- Add the potatoes to a greased baking dish.
- When scooping the potatoes into the baking dish, leave behind any extra olive oil/hot sauce mix.
- Add the diced chicken to the “left behind” olive oil/hot sauce mix and stir to coat all the chicken. Allow to marinate as the potatoes bake.
- Roast the potatoes for 45-50 minutes, stirring every 10-15 minutes, until cooked through and nice and crispy on the outside.
- Once the potatoes are fully cooked add the marinated chicken.
- Once the potatoes are fully cooked, remove from the oven and lower the oven temperature to 400°F.
- In a large bowl mix all the topping ingredients together.
- Top the raw chicken with the topping.
- Bake 15 minutes or until until the chicken is cooked through and the topping is melted and bubbly delicious.
- Serve with extra hot sauce and/or ranch dressing.