Chicken Teriyaki and it was AWESOME
TGIF! Yes, we made it to Friday and the last thing I really wanted to do was spend the whole evening in the kitchen. I’m usually not much of a fan of Men’s Ice Skating, but with the current Olympics, I’m on the edge. So had to cook something quick yet it’s got to be tasty. This is how it went down:
- Bought boneless, skinless chicken thighs seasoned them and cooked directly in my hot wok.
- Made rice in a rice cooker, very essential tool.
- Chopped and stir fried some carrots and broccoli also in the wok.
- Made my teriyaki sauce in a sauce pan on the stove. Store bought sauce not as good, but saves even more time.
- Placed an ample amount of chicken and veggie mixture over rice and pour over the tangy sweet nectar sauce.
One bite and I said “美味しい or delicious in Japanese or EJlicious!” Give it a try for a quick tasty meal, now back to our scheduled program the Winter Olympics. Enjoy!
Recipe for Teriyaki Sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 5 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 -2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons of cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- Mix all but cornstarch and 1/4 cup water in sauce pan and begin heating.
- Mix cornstarch and cold water in a cup and dissolve. Add to sauce pan.
- Heat until sauce thickens to desired thickness
- Add water to thin if it becomes too thick.